Occupational health and fire safety trainings in Vnesheconombank
In 2013, Vnesheconombank ran an assessment of in-process factor levels at workplaces of Vnesheconombank’s units under Vnesheconombank’s Programme for In-Process Monitoring over Compliance with Public Health Rules and Implementation of Public Health and Anti-Epidemic (Preventive) Measures for 2012 — 2017. The assessment covered 438 workplaces.
In 2013, Vnesheconombank did not run any workplace certification in line with Order No. 590 “On Changes to the Procedure for Certification of Workplaces for Working Conditions” of the Russian Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of 12 December 2012 approved by the Order of the Russian Ministry of Healthcare and Social Development.
No occupational injuries or diseases were recorded in Vnesheconombank in 2013. No complaints related to occupational safety were submitted by employees to supervisory authorities or to the Bank’s management. Oral claims by employees were followed by on-the-spot investigations and relevant measures to address any breaches that were identified.
In 2013, to ensure fire safety and maintain fire safety facilities in good state, Vnesheconombank took the following measures:
- upgraded the fire safety system of the building, including equipment of the premises where fuel for diesel generator units is stored with a dry chemical fire suppression system and instalment of self-activating fire extinguishers above the hanging ceiling on the 4th floor in Zone G of the Bank’s Building;
- organised 24/7 monitoring of automated fire safety systems to assess its state and maintain in an operable state;
- checked and recharged primary fire extinction facilities (dry and CO2 fire extinguishers);
- checked and rerolled fire hoses in fire hose cabinets of the internal firefighting water pipeline;
- checked and tested external fire escapes at level difference points and on the building’s roof;
- checked the operability of fire safety systems and facilities in line with the maintenance and preventive repair schedules;
- acquired electric lamps (1 lamp per 50 people) to ensure safe evacuation of the Bank’s employees at night and during blackouts.
Fire safety trainings held by Vnesheconombank for its employees included an introductory fire safety briefing for all new employees, and a